Together, we inspire the desire to learn!
A BIG Thank you to the Peabody PTO and our community for raising $34,200.00 at our Red Carpet Auction on Saturday Night! Thank yous to Susannah McManus, Auction Chairperson, Sue Greeley, PTO President and the entire auction committee!!
TCAP IS COMING!
Click Here to see the 2014 Schedule
2014-2015 Kindergarten and 4 year old Pre-Kindergarten Registration
Things to know about kindergarten registration:
- Although district-wide registration dates have passed, you may still register your 2014-15 kindergarten student at the Education Service Center (ESC) located at 5776 S. Crocker St. in Littleton, Colorado.
- You may pre-register on line using this link. After completing and printing the online paperwork you will need to bring your paperwork to the ESC and provide picture ID (driver's license), proof of residence- (current Excel bill), student's birth certificate, and immunization records or waiver for immunizations.
- Your child is eligible for kindergarten IF they turn 5 years of age by October 1st, 2014.
- We have three options for kindergarten at Peabody: KAM, KPM, K+ (for children who need child care in the PM following AM kindergarten), KED (all day tuition based kindergarten with a licensed teacher)
- KED classroom will be capped next year at 22 students. We will take names on our wait list for later enrollment if vacancies occur.
- We highly recommend your child participate in our Cub Club on February 11, 18, 25 & March 4th (Tuesdays 3:20-4:00) lead by our outstanding kindergarten teachers.
To register your Pre-Kindergarten student for the 2014-15 school year please contact Mary Lloyd at email@example.com or call 303-347-4635 for availability.
2014-2015 Registration for all other grades
Peabody Elementary is open to new student enrollments either by moving into our neighborhood or through application for optional enrollment. Mrs. Kristin Ryan, Principal, is available for tours by appointment. Registration in LPS can be done on line (see our link below) or by visiting our registration desk at the Education Services Center located at 5776 S. Crocker Street, Littleton, CO 80120
For more information on registration, please click on this link.
If you need before-school or after-school child care, our award winning Panther Pride Club is available for kindergarteners through fifth grade. Please contact Mary Lloyd at 303-347-4635 to inquire about availability.
School Safety at Peabody Elementary
Littleton Public Schools provides an extremely high standard for security in all our schools. At Peabody, we take your child's safety as our number one priority to enable maximum learning. Below is a link for three articles on how to talk with your child about school violence and school safety. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Talking to Kids about School Safety
Talking with Children About School Violence
Talking about Violence - Tips
Littleton Public Schools has provided information regarding Pertussis, also known as Whooping Cough. Please open this link to learn more information about Pertussis.
Professional Learning Community (PLC) Late Start Days
Again next school year, all LPS schools will have 10 Late Start Wednesdays where staff come together to look at classroom data and the individual needs of students. On these Late Start Days, the school day at Peabody begins at 10:31 a.m. for all grades except preschool which remains on a traditional day schedule.
These three additional hours from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. allow staff to collaborate in whole staff teams, vertical teams, and grade level teams to assess students' needs in literacy, math, science, and social studies. Our physical education, art education, and music education teachers utilize this time to meet in like group PLCs with their elementary colleagues across the district on essential learnings and best assessment practices in their subject areas.
Children cannot be at school before 10:20 a.m. on a Late Start Day unless they are enrolled in our Panther Pride Club. Please contact Mary Lloyd, director at 303.347.4635 if you are in need of child care. Buses run on a Late Start schedule - simply two hours later than a typical school day. Our half-day kindergarten program runs as follows on Late Start Days:
Kindergarten AM: 10:36 a.m. - 12:32 p.m.
Kindergarten PM: 1:17 p.m. - 3:13 p.m.
Our next two Late Start Days are Wednesday, April 9 and April 30, 2014.